Google AdSense has notified its publishers that it’s discontinuing their ‘Matched Content material Items’ from March 1, 2022 and all present advert items in place can be changed with ‘Multiplex Advertisements’ and publishers won’t need to do something with the change.
We initially launched Matched content material as a suggestion service that can assist you promote your content material to your website’s guests. It additionally got here with the choice to point out adverts alongside the hyperlinks to your content material.
Attributable to lowering utilization of the content material promotion service, and constructive buyer suggestions and efficiency outcomes from an ads-only Matched content material advert format, we’ve determined to show down the content material promotion service and convert all current Matched content material items to solely present adverts. This additionally applies to Matched content material items which have the “Monetize with Advertisements” possibility turned off.
What to do subsequent?
You Don’t have to do something in the event you’re completely satisfied for all your Matched content material items to solely present adverts beginning 1st March 2022. In any other case you might want to take away the Matched Content material code out of your pages earlier than this transformation occurs.
- Alongside the format change, we’re making the next adjustments:
- Rebranding Matched Content material to ‘Multiplex adverts’m to align with the advert format that’s accessible on Google Advert Supervisor.
- Eradicating the eligibility restriction that at the moment apply to Matched Content material. The brand new format can be accessible to all Adsense publishers/
- Eradicating the Websites > Matched content material web page from the Adsense interface
- Updating the Matched Content material unit editor to point out the brand new ads-only format
- (Lab members solely) Turning off the ads-only Matched content material Adsense Lab and marking it as retired.